Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I drive to Saskatoon on May 6th to begin a project on gendered spaces that will extend to New York before culminating in Thunder Bay.

I will be creating an art project that will enter the spaces of the city, recording these works in their environment and posting them here along with other visual representations of gender I discover within a small Canadian city, a large American metropolis and a small Northern Ontario to explore how gendered construction of space in social settings influence our understanding of gendered roles.

I have begun to prepare for my trip, but there is much left to do including finding a roof to live under. There will be more blogging on a consistent basis once the details have been worked out.

P.S. anyone in Saskatoon with an empty room and need some extra cash, send me a note.

Caitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment